* Great all year round weather (Yesssss!)* Very friendly and hospitable people (Well, that's always nice)
* Very easy integration with local communities
* Relatively crime free and very safe to live in (Double yesssss!)* EU Member country offering political stability (For an African, thats a real plus)
* English and Maltese are the official languages of the islands and all Maltese speak English fluently. Other languages also commonly spoken. (English will do just fine, tx)
* Excellent national and private hospital and medical services. (Now, thats cool - although no one could compare with our own Dr G - refer Mel's blog)
* Easy to get help and services. (Always a good thing)
* Abounding with history and cultural life (You can see this at a glance just by the pics)
* Excellent social life for all age groups and a large selection of top quality restaurants and cafes with diverse cuisine (NOW we're cookin!)
* Surrounded by crystal clear seas and several sandy beaches. (Looks amazing - although we do very well in this department right here)
* Very good sporting facilities. World class diving, sailing and other water sports. (Um - nice to watch other people do)
* Excellent schooling to above UK standards in English speaking schools and University. (Well, would have to be above UK standards to be excellent, hmm? But this is a moot point for us - not planning to go back to school)
* Low cost of living and a wide variety of properties available in all price ranges. (Rubs hands gleefully)
* Very stable property market offering steady capital growth. (Ahum, yes, nice)
* Daily flights to all major European and North African airports with Low Cost airlines also offering a regular service (Hmm, not too sure about that: low cost and flying is not a combination that fills me with joy)
* Excellent residency conditions with very low taxation (Oh yes, please!)
* No rates or council taxes are charged in Malta (Say what! Isn't that sumpin?)
And it is tiny, a real miniature. I have always been a sucker for miniature.
Population 400,000. That's all. I love that.
Add to all that, Malta, kind of next to the boot part of Italy, is so close to many wonderful European destinations - what a great launching pad into those as well.
Sounds too good to be true -
Ah well, we shall see.