Friday, January 8, 2010

My 10 "I Love You's"

Picking up on the challenge that so many of you have done: 1. I love that You chose me although You knew all about me. 2. I love that You never get impatient with me although I can be the dumbest ever. 3. I love that I can't mess with You; manipulation or wheedling doesn't wash with You. That makes me feel safe. 4. I love the twinkle I "see" in Your eye sometimes, when I'm taking myself too seriously and need You to show me that. 5. I love that You surprise me. 6. I love that Your discipline is clean, clear and kind of refreshing even if its painful. That it is never a downer. 7. I love that You are all that is most joyous, most crystalline, most noble, most fun . . . 8. I love that life is full of meaning when You are at its core. 9. I love that You love me because of who You are: not because I deserve it. 10. And I love that Your heart is big enough to love all who come to You - no one excluded.

8 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Precious.

Shayne said...

I love that you did this post.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate said...

Remember when Pastor Kev used to say "God is good?" and we'd all reply "All the time!"? ha, ha.

For some reason your post reminded me of that.

He is SO good ALL the time - gotta LOVE Him! :-)

Beautiful Allie. x

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
allie. said...

I remember, Kate.
So well.

You are too young to remember the song "To Know Him Is To Love Him" -SOOO not a Christian song but I often think of it in this context.

To know Christ IS to love Him.
Period.
:-)

Terry said...

Nothing to ad to this post! You said it all.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.