Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Is This A Post?

Just back from 5 days of spoiling - We have been holidaying in the Mossel Bay, Plett area. Great weather, great friends, fun market visits, fantastic food (my friend is a foodie), excellent wines, good conversation. And on the second day . . . Just kidding If there is a downside it's this: That I might find blogging is like gym: once you interrupt your routine, it's h**lish hard to get back. I was styling before I left; posting most days - hope you noticed? Anyway that's the reason I am posting straight away. Even though there is a vaccuum in my brain where creative ideas are supposed to dwell. The upside is that nature abhors a vaccuum, so hopefully they will rush in to fill it once I get going. . . . Oh! The first creative idea has arrived: "Let's rather paint." Ok - I like that idea. If the picture turns out ok, I may show you.

7 comments:

Mel said...

Good to have you back. In blogworld and at home :-)

xx

Oh and I unpacked my scrap stuff but sssshhhh, dont tell anyone. :-/

Lynette Jacobs said...

It was unusually quiet after your frequent posts. So glad you enjoyed your break. Don't you think you should show us your art work...just asking?

allie. said...

Mel - good to be back. And your secret is safe with me. . .

Lynette - My present study "The Artists Way" seems to be helping to be less of a woes about showing my stuff - so if I like it at all, I will show you, kay?

Stefanie said...

I can't wait to see...your painting and Mel's scrapping both such talented ladies.

Ness at Drovers Run said...

Doesn't going away for a break, give you more "ammo" to blog with? Didn't you find yourself thinking...OOH, must blog this?

allie. said...

Stef - it may have to wait. I experimented with some texture material and it has had some unexpected results. But can't wait to have another go at the same subject matter.

Ness - Am not that keen on blogging holiday stuff unless 'incidents' happen.
And, actually no, I didn't think like that - which tells me I am no longer addicted.
Just enjoying it.
Yay!

Lynette Jacobs said...

OOOhhhh Mel has unpacked her scrap stuff!!!!