I have decided.
I am holding my breath and jumping in.
A while ago, I asked myself "What do I want?"
And came up with:
1. I want to know God deeper
2. I want to get fit.
3. I want to write things that satisfy me.
Arriving at knowing what I want wasn't easy.
As a mom and a wife, I have become accustomed to do what many moms/wives do - that is, do what we should; what others need; the sensible thing, or the practical thing.
Anyway - those 3 things are what I ended up with.
So I'm at the: "How do I move towards those aims?
Making decisions is the first essential; rather like clearing out your wardrobe of old useless clothes before you buy new ones.
1. The thing about knowing God - well, I'm not going into how I plan to implement pressing deeper into Christ except to say that, in a way, it twins with my dealing with No 3.
I'll say "Time management" and leave it at that.
2. I have joined a gym. Signed all the papers, paid my money and will meet my trainer tomorrow. Its done. And I am trusting for the persistence to keep at it.
3. It was a wake up call for me this morning when I observed my reaction to losing a 'follower'!
I was shocked.
That I could feel so rejected because some soul decided they didn't want to read my ramblings any more, is truly pathetic.
But I'm glad it happened.
Because I realised how much 'people pleasing' must have been going on in my own mind but under my radar.
And how can I try to write anything that truly satisfies my own heart while that is going on.
For now anyway, I am really pressing pause on "Allie Chilling"
She is officially on ice.
Maybe permanently but
At least until I can my head straight.
All you wonderful blogging people - I have loved journeying alongside you. Sharing so much. And I thank you for it.
Here's to a new day.