Saturday, November 14, 2009

Unknown Stuff

Picking up the on the tag from Lynette, here are my six heretofore unknown facts. I don't know about the rest of you taggees, but I battled to find stuff to share. This is what I settled for: 1. I wake up in a good mood. 2. I battle to know what my role should be in the lives of my adult married sons. 3. I spent 8 months touring Europe with relatives after I finished school (at their expense!). I have therefore first hand knowledge that youth is wasted on the young. One might also say: "tours through Europe are wasted on the young." 4. I avoid driving to the airport. I get lost there and in big malls. Blush 5. Most of my friends are years younger than I am. I think that's strange - but I like it. 6. I once made a primary school teacher cry - she had been bullying one of my sons. I went straight from gardening - dirty hands, knees and all - to her flat. And told her that I wasn't happy with her treatment of my boy. I invite anyone who feels like it to play along - its very fun to rack your brains for things that may not have popped in in the normal run of posting. So - jump right in, and play too.

5 comments:

Meriel said...

what a variety of things. i loved reading them all. especially the last one ;-)

Lynette was clever to start this...

Lynette Jacobs said...

Ohhh you can make a teacher cry! I AM impressed. I have done much of the same with teachers that treated my children unfairly.

Loved reading more about you.

Mel said...

wahahaha. can just imagine you making that poor teacher cry! ;-) And let me tell you i can imagine ME making a teacher cry is she/he messes with my kids too! *roar*

I am very happy to say that none of these were unknown to me...but that cos I know you very very well....;-)

allie. said...

@ all of you -
I wonder what it is that has you all fascinated with the idea of my making the teacher cry. . .

I didn't hurt her, or hit her, hey.
I just asked her how she could treat a young boy so unfairly (she victimised him because he couldn't understand Afrikaans)

allie. said...

@ Mel - yes, you do. You both do. Actually I really like that you do, now I come to think of it.
Specially since you both still like me in spite of knowing me that well *g*