Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Partially Commitment Phobic

The first day of a brand new year
That seems a good time to return to the blogging scene.
This is not a resolution to be consistent, diligent and regular though
Because I have realised that I am commitment phobic.
It comes as quite a shock, I can tell you!
That label, to me, was just for people who couldn't settle down to marriage.
But if I'm faced with the prospect of having to do anything consistently for years on end,
I feel claustrophobic and want to run madly for the hills.


That sounds like a phobic reaction to me. . .

Oddly enough, this doesn't seem to be the case with my relationship with Jesus Christ,
(although once a pastor told me I was "a Christian hippie with flowers in my hair"
I didn't know whether to be insulted or flattered)

Perhaps its not so odd after all
Because life with Christ is not a trudging obligation; a never ending duty
But an adventure, a discovery, a deepening relationship with the most wonderfully exciting and intriguing Person ever.
And He is the One who is faithful and consistent.
A perfect situation for such as I.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
 


No comments: