Thursday, January 1, 2009

What's YOUR New Year Story?

HAPPY HAPPY
2009
TO US ALL!
So.
**********
How was your evening?
A quiet one
or
A serious jol?
****
I'm hoping for a flurry of great pics on all the blogs I follow
When everyone gets the sleep out of their eyes
and their brains.
****
Our evening?
Great company, incredible music -
the host has 40 DAYS worth of epic music on his ipod!
Fab food; not too far to drive.
All good.
****
However
I am lying on my bed typing this
****
No, not a hangover
For the first time in YEARS
I fell
****
Somehow missed a step in their garden
and landed on my butt
wrenching my ankle badly in the process.
EW!
****
To add insult to injury
In trying to break my fall
I impaled 3 fingers on a liberally-thorned cactus plant.
You know -
the kind that looks like a pin cushion?
****
I sat there unable to move;
Aware of how funny it must have been to onlookers
(To their credit, no one laughed.
It must have been a superhuman effort)
My hand and my ankle screaming pain! equally loudly.
****
Today
I have a sprinkling of angry red dots on my hand
and
a swollen blue and purple foot.
****
Of course, DH cannot resist -
He is so enjoying telling anyone
who asks
that I fell down the steps after too much wine!
****
I am plotting a suitable revenge.
*grin*
****
The ****'s are a desperate attempt to get Blogger to space the text correctly!

4 comments:

Shayne said...

Oh no - how hilarious!! At least you're proof that a good evening was had!

Hope DH is taking extra good care of you!

Hayley said...

Oh no Allie!

Well see it this way, your year can only get better :-)

Susan said...

Oh my goodness!! Thank you so much for stopping by my place. I am sorry to hear about your foot. I fell and broke my toe in Toronto a few years ago and I have to tell you, it was awful.

I am praying for this year's word for the New Year. In the meantime, here's my original post that kind of explains the whole thing: A New Word for a New Year.

Have a happy new year! I hope to come back and visit again soon!

Ordinarylife said...

ouwww! That looks sore.

And sorry no outrageous photos on my blog. The only falling I did was asleep at about 11pm, to be woken by Mr OL and wished Happy New Year before I crawled into bed.