Monday, August 2, 2010

Scan These

Senior daughter has set up our scanner!
I am so thrilled: having a shoebox full of old pics doesn't really cut it in cyber-age.
Our scanner has been around for quite a while but stagnant because neither The Man or I knew how to set it up so there it sat, looking important.
But useless to us.
I've been wanting to run some of my ancient pics in my blogworld.
There is going to be a LOT more scanning happenning but these are the first experimental ones:
This my first granddaughter - now a beautiful nearly 21 year old! A gurgling, giggling handful.
I, however? Less cute. Could my hair *be* any shorter!?
Yuck.
This is one of the oldest pics I have of myself
(barring baby pics).
19, newly engaged, shy.
Oh brother!
A lifetime ago.
PS: All these years later - and I am sporting the identical hairstyle now!

8 comments:

Mel said...

Oh man! I love old photees...but this you know.

Have fun, cant wait to see more.

Trix's Mix said...

Looking forward to many more pics Allie!

Stefanie said...

Wow, you really haven't changed that much at all.
Looking Good!

Ness at Drovers Run said...

Old photos are the single reason why my closets are not perfect examples of organization and neatness. Because sooner or later while organizing and cleaning, I come across old photographs, and all else fades away as I get lost in memories :)

Kirsty said...

ooh - get you!! Hawt mama! ;-)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Love to look at older photos and you have not changed a bit since you were 19...and just imagine having the same hairstyle again.

Anonymous said...

Mom,

I think you are about as old as I am now in that pic... or does my maths suck more than I thought?

xL

allie. said...

No Lis - I think your maths is pretty much on the mark.
I was 46 then - so I was a bit ahead of you but not much.