Friday, December 2, 2011

New Phases

We have recently become 'a retired couple'
Good grief
How weird that looks to me.
Inside I am just getting into my stride in this life!
I am certainly not wanting to sit in my comfortable chair and watch the world go on by without me.
I want to be part of the action - whatever that will look like.

Having said all of that, I must say, there are plusses
Like this:


This is my chilling chair.
It is, I must say, well used.
For thinking, dreaming, praying and soaking up this:


And on the infrequent occasions that our awake-at-night times coincide, its not an altogether unpleasant experience.
Because this is what it looks like:

This pic was taken at about 2.30am last night.

There's a LOT to be said for this time of life.
At the moment we are trying to embrace the "its ok to be doing nothing in particular" stage.
DH has been working ferociously for many years - he needs this restful time.
And its good for us to have it together.
I just don't want it to become a lifestyle.
Neither does he.
Its going to be a fascinating new phase of the journey for us.

1 comment:

Gill said...

Oh Allie I envy you! I hope that Grant and I are one day blessed to be able to live just the kind of life you are living right now :-)