Sunday, March 18, 2012

Salt in the Wound

The last week or so I've been plagued by an ulcer right on the tip of my tongue.
Against the backdrop of tsunamis, the Middle East crisis and the existence of Malema that doesn't sound like much.
But in allie-world it looms large
Because its agony to talk and to eat.
Two of my favourite things to do.

I've tried various remedies
Mouth washes and stuff you paint on: things like that
Yesterday I heard that plain salt worked wonders
Gleefully I dabbed a few grains on to the area -
Who knew salt could cause such agony?!
I've given birth naturally to 4 babies
I know what 'painful' means -
This was painful . . .
I-think-I might-faint painful -
Hopping around the bathroom, flapping my wrists, with tears streaming down my face painful.

Not the bravest of souls, me
I'm going back to a less excruciating method
And hoping that tomorrow I will miraculously be on the mend.
No harm in hoping, not so?

2 comments:

Misty'sMum said...

Oh no! They are horrible and so freakingly painful. My Mum used to tell me that I got ulcers in my mouth because I had been telling lies. When I told my daughter this when she got one, she was mortified! She asked me 'how do you know I've been telling lies?!' which kinda said it all really!!

cat said...

Eina! Hope it is better soon