Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ten Reasons To Like Winter

I'm trying to cheer my rain-bleared self up by making a list of things I like about wet, cold weather. Its a brain strainer I can tell you. Lets see: 1. Soup. I am a soup freak - would have it three times a day in any weather. 2. I wear so many clothes that the whole figure thing doesn't feature. All white flabby over weight areas are well and truly hidden. Phew! 3. Lying in a hot bath goes into a whole 'nother zone of bliss when its flippin freezing out there. 4. Energy levels: if I can get my frozen bod to let go of my hot water bottle and duvet, I have more energy than in the lazy, hazy days of summer. 5. And while we are on it - hot water bottles! I have taken that luxury/necessity to a higher level. I recently took mine to a breakfast date at a coffee shop with SS. Far from looking down their noses at me, the upmarket owners of the place were so impressed with the idea that they spoke of having them in the shop as a service to customers in future! (Thanks to SD for the idea of being out and about with said necessity!) 6. Going to bed early and watching TV there. I was ,embarrassingly, very vocal originally about not having a TV there but oh, its soooo nice on a cold, rainy winter night! 7. Just about everyone I know is as unathletic as I am in this weather - it makes me feel less guilty. Yay. 8. Fires - which sadly, we haven't experienced yet because I have still to get around to have the gas fireplace serviced for the winter. I know, I know - its pathetic. But we deal with it by 6. above - which is just as good! 9. Friends and/or family who are brave enough to drop by even in this weather. Makes me feel so loved! 10. Not having to remember to put sun screen on every time I put my nose outside the door. MM is pacing around ready to adjourn to the TV watching upstairs already - and that means I should pack up here. (Our wireless doesn't work upstairs so my visions of sitting in bed with my laptop have evaporated. Just as well - I have been known to spend entire mornings reading various blogs!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I would really appreciate winter a lot more if it just lasted one week.

Jo said...

Love your new banner photo!! Ditto on all the winter stuff, I also love soup, but my family are not crazy about it.

Mel said...

Am with Deon on this one...

Anonymous said...

SO here I sit in Hell Hot Humid Houston reading about the freeze in the Cold Climate Challenged Cape Town and me thinks.......... is this the same world but then, thank the Lord for aircon. LOVE soup too by the way :)

Kevin said...

Soup is a great reason for winter - I love soup.