Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Way He Was

Last night, TCM ran "Elvis: Thats The Way It Is" It was made in 1970 before the disastrous medication story - when he was still his sleek sexy funny self. I went into instant time warp And was as transfixed again as I was when I was 16. Captivated again by the sudden impish smile The electrifying talent and showmanship The warm humility of the man in the midst of his fame And the sense of fun that kept bursting through. I spent ages afterwards looking at clips on UTube - I wanted to post them all Here are two: On a completely different note (pardon the pun) it is a simply fabulous day here. A smiley sea day. A good sign for the Easter weekend weather hopefully. We will be away for that (mastering my fears, among other things!) but I will, of course have my trusty laptop and 3G with me. Cheers for now

3 comments:

Frank J said...

Heya!!

Just as you're telling me off, there I am posting.

ALL is explained, every painful deatial!

BTW - Love the king, from the top of my head right down to the tips of my blue suede...
;) you know the rest.

allie. said...

Hey Frank - I noticed that!
I shouldda kept quiet one more day, huh?
On the other hand, I'm sure its nice to know you are missed :-)

Noone quite like Elvis -

Hope you took a mo out of your busy life to let the king of rock, rock your world one more time today -or actually, 2 more times, hey?

Lynette Jacobs said...

My dad was also a great Elvis fan...I remember as a little girl...in the drive-in watching Elvis movies.