Monday, July 13, 2009

Streamlined Me

You know how some people go out and spend a lot of money on extravagant things when they are broke? You do? You're one of them, maybe? Well, I'm not going to write about that. I'm going to compare the way I handled my morning with that type of mindset. I have a long list of people I really need/want to see; piles of washing (been raining for, like, ever); shopping; phone calls to make; and the rest of the normal household Monday stuff to do today. Loads more than usual. So you'd think I'd be up early and get things organised, wouldn't you? Oh no Not moi. First wrong move: After DH left at 6ish, I went back to bed. Not smart. Next wrong move: "I'll just quickly check my emails." "It won't take a mo - only the emails" I don't know how I can keep believing my own stories Its remarkable. I tell myself if I stand up while I check, I won't get stuck there. It has never once worked And yet I keep doing it. Wrong move No 3: Not only did I check my mail but also every blog in sight And Face Book Then I decided it was time I changed my blog header and layout! That took a while - its nearly as bad as moving the furniture around. When I'd finished I hated it so much I reverted to the old one. Not a five minute job. I have just had a call from DH to say he is coming home early. Of course I'm happy to hear that

7 comments:

Meriel said...

oops, you are very funny Allie.

Hayley said...

Lol Allie, as I was reading this, I was thinking, yip that's me, and yes I would do that! And hey why not, as long as you enjoyed yourself :-)

Hayley said...

Lol Allie, as I was reading this, I was thinking, yip that's me, and yes I would do that! And hey why not, as long as you enjoyed yourself :-)

Kate said...

Ha, ha! SO WISH I could have had a morning like that!

Getting to work is bleak in winter, throwing the duvet back feels like cruel self punishment!

Shayne said...

yup, that is exactly what i'm doing right now, istead of:

washing, tidying, unpacking, re-packing, sorting, cooking - the list is endless.

so that is why this is the LAST blog i'm visiting this morning and hi ho hi ho it's off to chores i go ....

allie. said...

Ho-kaaaayyy Shayne,
so should I assume you keep the best for last?
:-)

So glad I have at least a couple of kindred spirits out there.
I think we can feel better if we call what we do: "carpe diem-ing" don't you?
Living in the moment
All that stuff?

Lynette Jacobs said...

LOL! That is me too...first thing after DH leaves for work...I "quickly" check my e-mails and then happily go blog hopping. That is the reason that I decided not to get sucked into Facebook after all.